Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The absolute present

Today I read here a reflection on the absolute present that I loved, and I quote:

When you live in the absolute present, the past ceases to affect you... is present ... is absolute... nothing of what happened to me long ago will again happen to me with the same circumstances, contexts, characters, and so therefore ceases to affect me today, determine anything, frighten or slow any action.

Thinking that if I had done X, Y would have happened has no sense. Nor can I go back in time to redo the opportunity to decide, nor do I know the possibility that the outcome Y would have resulted from that decision.

I decided at that moment as best as I could with the skills and knowledge in the situation I had. 


And that is freedom, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment